As a cosmetic dentist in Aloha, our team at Slater Dental understands how the loss of a tooth can cause patients to worry about the health and appearance of their smiles.
Fortunately, the loss of a tooth doesn’t mean the end of a great-looking smile. Each year in the U.S., millions of patients experience tooth loss as the result of an oral injury, dental decay, or disease.
Today, patients have the option of replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant. Dental Implants have been by far the most effective and affordable option for restoring a smile back to health.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant replaces roots that have become too damaged to support a living tooth. Implants offer a strong foundation for permanent or removable replacement teeth. They are designed to blend seamlessly into a patient’s natural smile.
Dental implants make an ideal treatment option for patients that need to replace one or more missing teeth. Or who need an anchor they can attach to a dental bridge or dentures.
What are the advantages of having a Dental Implant?
In addition to eliminating the hole in a patient’s smile, dental implants offer a number of advantages that include:
- A healthier-looking smile. Implants are designed to look and feel just like natural teeth. As part of the placement process, implants fuse with the bone structure of a patient’s jaw. Which makes them a permanent part of your smile.
- Improved speech. Patients with missing teeth or who wear ill-fitting dentures know all too well about the potential for slurring or mumbling their words. With dental implants, you can speak without worrying about your dentures slipping or that you’ll have problems pronouncing certain words.
- Improved comfort. Because dental implant bonds with the natural features of your jaw, you don’t need to worry about the type of discomfort that can come from wearing removable dentures.
- Eat with ease. Ill-fitting dentures can slide about, making chewing difficult. Since dental implants look and feel just like natural teeth, you can enjoy eating your favorite foods without worrying about any discomfort.
- A boost to your self-esteem. Often, patients with missing teeth also experience feelings of insecurity regarding the state of their smile. Dental implants can restore your smile back to health, providing you with the confidence needed to excel in your personal and professional lives.
- Better oral health. Dental implants don’t require that our cosmetic dentist in Aloha reshape or alter the size or appearance of neighboring teeth. As tooth-supporting bridges and dental veneers do. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact. Which allows for improving your long-term oral health. Individual implants also make it easier to continue practicing quality oral hygiene such as brushing and flossing.
- Improved durability. Advances in implant technology have reduced rejection rates to an all-time low. Additionally, implants are now more durable and can function for years. In fact, with quality care, many implants can last a lifetime.
What is the Success Rate for Dental Implants?
As we previously mentioned, the success rates for the placement of a dental implant have increased to an all-time high. Today, in most cases, the dental implant success rate is around 98 percent.
Are Dental Implants for Everyone?
In the majority of cases, any patient healthy enough to undergo oral surgery or a routine dental extraction is a candidate for a dental implant. Patients need to have healthy gums and enough bone structure to hold the implant into position.
They must also be willing to commit to practicing quality oral hygiene. Also, schedule regular exams and cleanings with our cosmetic dentist in Aloha.
It is our sincere desire that you will feel at home in our office setting. We make every effort to ensure your visits are as comfortable as possible.
We know you wish to receive dental care from a highly trained and caring staff. All new patients are welcome and promise that we will provide the same unwavering quality to your family members and friends as well.